Shepherding-Lamb Tours & Shepherd’s Garden Tours
Thursday-Saturday, this Spring and Summer
Spring Tour Season Begins at Shepherd’s Cross
Shepherding-Lamb Tours & Shepherd’s Garden Tours|
Sponsored by Heart of the Shepherd
Spring & Summer of 2017
Open Thursday – Saturday 8:30-5:30pm
- Shepherding – Lamb Tours begin when the lambs are born each spring at Shepherd’s Cross – an authentic working sheep farm, just north of Claremore OK on Scenic Route 66.
- Come to the farm and watch as the sheep peacefully graze the pastures, and rest by the still waters.
- Lambing season is the month of April. Watch the new born lambs jump for joy & frolic in the pastures
- Shepherd’s Garden is bursting with blooms in the spring – guided, self-guided or audio tours
- Preschedule School or Group Tours:
- Shepherding – Lamb Tours
- Guided Walking Tour – see the sheep across the fence & learn about shepherding & sheep. References to nomadic shepherds and Biblical shepherding;
- donation based – suggested $5
- Wagon Ride Tour – Take a wagon ride out in the pasture and see the flock up close. Learn about the sheep and the shepherd.
- references to nomadic shepherds and Biblical shepherding; $7 per person – one free leader for 10 paid
- Shepherd’s Garden Tours – a Bible Garden
- Guided, self-guided tours or audio tours available on a donation basis – suggested $5
- Guided Tour with a take-home planting activity; $7 per person – one free leader for 10 paid
- Wool Mill Guided Tour – wool is processed on site – combed, spun, and woven into a finished product.
- Visit the sheep in the farm animal barn area. (USDA licensed)
- Tour the educational & interactive Farm Museum & Educational Silo – guided or self-guided tours
- Shepherd’s Shop features a host of “woolly” and farm related handmade gifts made by Shepherd’s Cross and over 50
Local crafters; honey, Animal Welfare Approved farm fresh meat, Amish jams, health foods, yarns, fiber and art supplies and much more! Additionally the shop features a mission section; purchases made in this section of the store return 100% of the sale price to the indigenous people that made them (countries include Afghanistan, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Uganda and more)
- Shepherd’s Cross features farm fresh, Animal Welfare Approved, pasture raised, free range, chemical free American sheep meat (lamb & mutton) and Dexter beef.
- Yarn, yarn, & more yarn – natural, many types, produced and processed on the farm. Shepherd’s Cross also offers roving, batts, felting supplies, knitting needles, spinning and weaving supplies and much more. Animal welfare Approved wool.
- Fiber Arts, Animal Husbandry & American Sheep Industry Certified Shearing classes are available at the farm throughout the year.
- Heart of the Shepherd, a 501-C3, provides the educational tours. Teaching basic agricultural principles and agricultural references to the Bible are a part of tours.
- Groups of twenty or more please pre-register.
- Picnic area is available; bring your picnic with you; limited seating.
- Snack and beverage concessions are available on site.
- Tours can proceed even in the case of inclimate weather. Demonstrations will take place in the Amish built gambrel roof tour barn, which houses some of the animals as well as the wool processing, farm museum, and the gift shop.
- Shepherd’s Cross is an accredited Agritourism facility, a Made in Oklahoma Company, a producer for the Oklahoma Food Co-op, and is Animal Welfare Approved.
- Website: http://www.shepherdscross.com
- Online Stores: http://www.shepherdscross.biz and http://www.heartoftheshepherd.biz
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShepherdsCross/
Shepherd’s Cross & Heart of the Shepherd
16792 East 450 Road, Claremore, OK 74017
Dr. Diane Dickinson, President & Executive Director